Welcoming clinical endocrinologists and all our team members as we collaborate to improve patient outcomes and global health.
At AACE we are committed to advancing our mission of elevating the practice of clinical endocrinology to improve global health. As the trusted source for high-caliber endocrinology education, we strive to continuously evolve and improve our programs to serve all members of the endocrine care team. Last year we had an extremely successful Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA where we released our updated NAFLD Guideline. Later in 2022, we released the much-anticipated updated Diabetes Clinical Practice Guideline, and this year we're excited to announce we will be presenting our new Diabetes Algorithm in Seattle, WA. To prepare for Seattle, we conducted focus groups with our 2022 attendees and asked for their input on what worked well, areas we can enhance, and what types of leading and innovative endocrine education and clinical resources they need. Simply put, we asked for our community's input and listened to their needs. Here are some of the responses and recommendations we received:
- “The meeting is very good at translating research into practical patient care.”
- “I like the small feel, the other conferences are overwhelming.”
- “The different perspectives from different practice models are highly valuable.”
- “Ongoing focus groups would be a good idea.”
- “AACE can provide more networking and mentorship opportunities.”
- “Increase facilitated collaboration amongst full care team.”
Based on the valuable feedback, we are designing a more engaging Annual Meeting experience for 2023! As our only in-person event within the U.S., we want to meet the needs of all our attendees from endocrinologists, fellows, primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, diabetes care and education specialists, clinical pharmacists, registered dietitians, to others in the endocrine care team. We are working hard to ensure our programs and offerings are inclusive and beneficial to everyone in our community. This year our content will feature 50% more interactive sessions along with a variety of opportunities to intentionally connect and network with friends and colleagues. Below are just a few of the exciting changes we are making for our Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA from May 4 - 6.
- Content Focus - Health Equity and Social Determinants of Health. We are kicking off AACE 2023 with our keynote speaker, Regina M. Benjamin, MD, MBA, 18th U.S. Surgeon General, Healthcare Disparity Expert & Medicine Advocate. Throughout our conference, we will discuss how to advance health equity by addressing social health determinants.
- Relevant, practical, and immediate application of clinical best practices. Check out our full schedule here.
- New Obesity Consensus Statement. Join endocrine experts Karl Nadolsky, DO, DABOM, and moderator Brandi Addison, DO, FACE, on May 4th at 11:30 AM PT to learn how weight stigma and internalized weight bias are both drivers and complications of obesity/ABCD in a bidirectional manner.
- New Diabetes Algorithm. Join endocrine experts Irl Hirsch, MD, and moderator Rifka C. Schulman-Rosenbaum, MD, FACE, FACP, on May 5th at 8:30 AM PT to get the first look at our new Diabetes Algorithm during the presentation: The Past, Present, and Future of Insulin Therapy (And Related Controversies).
- AACE Clinical Practice Guidelines: Modernizing and Harmonizing - Updates in Methodology and Development Process. Join endocrine experts Ricardo Correa, MD, EdD and Joanna Miragaya, MD, PhD, FACE, DABOM, on May 5th at 11:00 AM PT to learn about the evolution of AACE clinical practice guidelines development and recognized standards for trustworthy clinical practice guidelines.
- New leadership development sessions to take you to your professional and personal best. Key sessions include fellows & program director’s meet-up, first time attendee meet-up, thyroid and diabetes hands-on skills training, diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging interactive session and reception, plus much more! View all special events here.
- Multiple opportunities to connect and learn from rock stars in endocrinology. Be sure to check out our new Learning Zone which will feature collaboration stations with leadership training series, poster research stations, learning labs, industry activations, and other opportunities to meet with colleagues, industry partners, and speakers.
- A brand-new state-of-the-art Convention Center. The new Seattle Convention Center – Summit Building located in the heart of downtown Seattle features a variety of learning spaces to foster peer-to-peer sharing, full care team collaboration, exclusive VIP conversations, senior level discussion groups, intentional networking, with engaging and informative sessions.
- 56.5 CME/MOC. Plus, all attendees will have access to on-demand sessions post event.
- Onsite and on-demand - price & value. Advanced pricing ends April 10. Take advantage of our exclusive discounts by registering today!
Our 2023 Annual Meeting is a must-attend event for the entire endocrine clinical research and care teams. We look forward to connecting with new and returning attendees as we continue to empower clinical endocrinology professionals today, tomorrow, and for many years to come.
Get ready to learn, share and advance your education at AACE 2023!
Together we are elevating the practice of clinical endocrinology to improve global health!
Together we are AACE!