The application for our 2022 Dr. Lewis E. Braverman Endocrine Fellow-in-Training Educational Grant is open from June 30, 2022, to August 30, 2022. This one-of-a-kind grant honors Dr. Braverman while supporting the educational activities of endocrinology fellows by providing a unique educational experience that includes:
- Ability to travel anywhere worldwide away from your home program for 1-4 weeks
- Up to $5000 in travel reimbursement expenses
- Ability to enhance endocrine training in the focus of your liking
- Have your experience published in an AACE publication
Please note: though traditionally a travel grant, submissions may be for a virtual program this year. Submission timeline and requirements for applying are listed below. Grant applications must be filled out using the form at the bottom of this page.
|June 30, 2022||Application submission period opens|
|August 30, 2022||Submission period closes
Application reviewed by committee
|Nov. 30, 2022||Grant recipients announced|
|Dec. 31, 2023||Grant program must take place by this date|
|Spring 2024||Grant experience presented/published at the 2024 AACE Annual Meeting|
- Must be a second or final year endocrine fellow at a United States endocrine program.
- Must plan and execute a unique clinical extramural rotation, in the United States or internationally, by December 31, 2023.
- Must provide updated CV.
- Must obtain endocrine program director approval for the extramural rotation prior to applying.
- Must have a mentor that can either be your Program Director or Faculty Mentor. A support letter from your mentor must be attached.
- After the extramural rotation, applicant may be asked:
- To write an article for possible inclusion in an AACE publication.
- To be available for possible presentation at the 2024 AACE Annual Meeting.
Grant Application Details
- Basic applicant and fellowship program information
- Topic, location, and anticipated duration for the clinical extramural rotation
- Proposed budget and detailed justification for the award (not to exceed $5,000; supports travel and training supplies only)
- Detailed description that includes:
- how the grant will enhance endocrine training;
- what makes it unique;
- anticipated outcomes;
- scope of work;
- why you selected the location of the rotation;
- any other information that will be useful for the Selection Committee.
María Del Mar Morales Hernández, MD, received the Dr. Lewis E Braverman Endocrine Fellow in Training Educational Grant in 2020. Read about her memorable experience in Lima, Perú (Hospital Nacional Docente Madre Niño San Bartolomé).Learn More
Apply today by completing the form below