The application for our 2023 Dr. Lewis E. Braverman Endocrine Fellow-in-Training Educational Grant will be opening in late June. This one-of-a-kind grant honors Dr. Braverman while supporting the educational activities of endocrinology fellows by providing a unique educational experience that includes:
- Ability to travel anywhere worldwide away from your home program for 1-4 weeks
- Up to $5000 in travel reimbursement expenses
- Ability to enhance endocrine training in the focus of your liking
- Have your experience published in an AACE publication
Please note: though traditionally a travel grant, submissions may be for a virtual program this year. Submission timeline and requirements for applying are listed below. Grant applications must be filled out using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Must be a second or final year endocrine fellow at a United States endocrine program.
- Must plan and execute a unique clinical extramural rotation, in the United States or internationally, by December 31, 2024.
- Must provide updated CV.
- Must obtain endocrine program director approval for the extramural rotation prior to applying.
- Must have a mentor that can either be your Program Director or Faculty Mentor. A support letter from your mentor must be attached.
- After the extramural rotation, applicant may be asked:
- To write an article for possible inclusion in an AACE publication.
- To be available for possible presentation at the 2024 AACE Annual Meeting.
Grant Application Details
- Basic applicant and fellowship program information
- Topic, location, and anticipated duration for the clinical extramural rotation
- Proposed budget and detailed justification for the award (not to exceed $5,000; supports travel and training supplies only)
- Detailed description that includes:
- how the grant will enhance endocrine training;
- what makes it unique;
- anticipated outcomes;
- scope of work;
- why you selected the location of the rotation;
- any other information that will be useful for the Selection Committee.
Priyanka Majety, MD, received the Dr. Lewis E Braverman Endocrine Fellow in Training Educational Grant in 2021. Read about her memorable experience in Navajo Nation at Shiprock.Learn More