Price: FREE for all
- Review the latest evidence-based guidelines on implementing appropriate initiation of basal insulin to achieve individual glycemic goals
- Identify patients with T2DM who will benefit from insulin therapy
- Evaluate therapies that reach timely, sustained glycemic control targets in various patients
- Develop personalized insulin treatment plans for patients with T2DM by comparing emerging, new, and evolving insulin therapies and therapy combinations
Advanced Practice Nurse and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
University of Colorado Health
Colorado Springs, CO
Rodolfo J. Galindo, MD, FACE
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Director, Comprehensive Diabetes Center
Lennar Medical Center, UMiami Health System
Director, Diabetes Management
Jackson Memorial Health System
The American College of Endocrinology (ACE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American College of Endocrinology (ACE) designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Only those who receive a passing score will be eligible for MOC credit.
Please allow two weeks for MOC points to appear within your account on the ABIM website. Participation information will be shared.
This activity is approved for 1.75 contact hours of continuing education (which includes 0.75 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID # 23116453. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated. All other planners for this educational activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
- Jessica Martin, PhD, ELS - No relationships to disclose
- Rachel L. Watkins, PharmD, MPH - No relationships to disclose
- Michele L. McKay, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, CHCP - No relationships to disclose
- Amy Ogunsunlade - No relationships to disclose
- Diane Alberson, MEd, CAE - No relationships to disclose
- Debbie Hinnen - Speaker’s Bureau/Consultant/Advisory Board—Diabetes: Eli Lilly, BI, Novo Nordisk
- Speaker’s Bureau/Advisor—Diabetes: Intuity
- Rodolfo Galindo - Advisory/Consultant/Honoraria fees—Diabetes: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Sanofi, Bayer, Abbott, Dexcom
- Research Studies—Diabetes: Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, Dexcom