I am pleased to report to you the results of the AACE 2022 elections. I would also like to thank those members of the Nominating Committee who considered a number of excellent candidates for Officer positions and the Board of Directors.
A DEI Committee representative attended all meetings as an invited guest to ensure that the process of evaluating, interviewing, and selecting candidates was conducted in accordance with AACE’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policy.
Your Nominating Committee conducted the election process in accordance with Chapter 6 of the AACE Bylaws and submitted a single slate of candidates for open Officer and Board of Directors positions to the Board of Directors. On March 3, 2022, the Board of Directors, upon an affirmative 2/3 vote, approved the AACE Nominating Committee slate of candidates for open Officer and Board positions.
On March 10, 2022, the Board-approved slate was emailed to the membership and posted on the AACE website for a thirty (30) day review in accordance with the Bylaws. During this period, AACE membership could submit a petition signed by not less than one-third (1/3) of voting members requesting that the Board of Directors reconsider one or more slated candidates and the reasons for such request.
At the conclusion of the notice period, April 8, 2022, any slated candidates for which no petition requesting reconsideration filed were deemed to have been elected by the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee is pleased to report that there were no petitions submitted, and the following Officer positions for a one-year (1) term and five (5) open positions for the Board of Directors for a three-year (3) term (2022-2025) are final with terms beginning on June 1, 2022:
- One-year (1) term (2022-2023):
- President Elect – W. Timothy Garvey, MD, FACE (Mountain Brook, AL)
- Treasurer – Susan L. Samson, MD, PhD, FRCPC, FACE (Jacksonville, FL)
- Secretary – Scott D. Isaacs, MD, FACP, FACE (Atlanta, GA)
- Five (5) slots for a three-year (3) term (2022-2025):
- Ricardo Correa, MD, FACP, FACE (Phoenix, AZ)
- Leslie S. Eldeiry, MD, ECNU, FACE (Boston, MA)
- Armand Krikorian, MD, FACP, FACE (Oak Lawn, IL)
- Cheryl Rosenfeld, DO, FACP, ECNU, FACE (Denville, NJ)
- Archana R. Sadhu, MD, FACE (Houston, TX)
Congratulations to the newly elected Officers and Board members. Your Committee is confident that AACE will be well served by their contributions.
Howard M. Lando, MD, FACP, FACE
Chair, 2021-2022 Nominating Committee