JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (Mar. 21, 2019) – The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) will host its 28th Annual Scientific & Clinical Congress in Los Angeles, April 24-28, 2019, at the L.A. Convention Center and JW Marriott Los Angeles LA LIVE! The conference is an opportunity for healthcare professionals specializing in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism to gather to discuss the latest scientific advancements and best practices for enhancing patient care, and enjoy educational sessions led by the world's most respected endocrine clinicians.
Building on this years’ theme, Get Inspired, conference highlights include:
- 90+ national and international speakers from leading hospitals, health systems and private practices
- 80+ sessions covering the hottest topics and best practices around endocrinology and its eight primary disease state: adrenal, thyroid, bone, diabetes, lipids, obesity, pituitary and reproductive
- 2,000+ attendees from 35+ countries, including physicians and allied healthcare professionals, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, certified diabetes educators and others
- Nearly 500 posters and abstracts featuring innovative research, clinical trials, and case studies
- 100+ exhibitors and sponsors showcasing the latest products, technologies and services for the endocrinology field
Kevin Pho, MD, is the featured speaker. He is a practicing, board-certified internal medicine physician, a national media commentator, and co-author of the book, Establishing, Managing, and Protecting Your Online Reputation: A Social Media Guide for Physicians and Medical Practices. The founder of www.kevinmd.com, Pho’s keynote will include key learnings:
- How social media can facilitate the connection between health professionals and patients.
- How social media can proactively define an online reputation.
- How social media can make physicians’ voices heard.
Internationally-renowned plenary speakers include:
- Shlomo Melmed, MB, ChB, FRCP, MACP, executive vice president and dean at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Felicia Cosman, MD, clinical scientist, osteoporosis specialist and professor of medicine at Columbia University in New York
- Roy Taylor, MD, professor of medicine and metabolism at Newcastle University in the United Kingdom
- George J. Kahaly, MD, PhD, professor of medicine and endocrinology/metabolism, chief physician of the endocrine outpatient clinic and chair of the tertiary referral ORPHAN disease center for Graves’ orbitopathy and autoimmune polyglandular syndromes at the Johannes Gutenberg University Medical Center in Germany
- Kevan C. Herold, MD, Ph.D., professor of immunobiology and medicine at Yale University in New Haven, Conn.
AACE is the world’s largest organization that represents clinical endocrinologists, with over 6,500 members in the United States and 97 other countries. Advanced online registration is open until April 9, 2019.
For more information, visit: https://am.aace.com/.
About the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) represents more than 6,500 endocrinologists in the United States and abroad. AACE is the largest association of clinical endocrinologists in the world. A majority of AACE members are certified in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism and concentrate on the treatment of patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders including diabetes, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, growth hormone deficiency, cholesterol disorders, hypertension and obesity. Visit our site at www.aace.com.