Chair and Author Qualifications to Serve on a Guidance Document Task Force
To be considered to serve as a Chair/Co-Chair/Vice Chair or an author of an AACE guideline or consensus statement for a particular task force, AACE members must complete an application and a disclosure form, submit their curriculum vitae, and meet the following qualifications:
- Current AACE member in good standing
- Active in practice within last 5 years
- Chairs: Two (first or senior author) publications on the guideline topic within the last 5 years
- Mid- to Senior-Level Members/Authors: Two publications on the guideline topic within the last 7 years (first or senior author preferred)
- Early-Career Level Members/Authors: Any two publications in the last 7 years (first or senior author preferred)
- Methodology Fellow: Publications not required
- Applicants for Chair positions must have demonstrated leadership abilities, including experience in facilitation of group processes with ability to maintain constructive dynamics, identify and resolve conflicts, and remain neutral and objective.
- Applicants for Chair positions must be free from conflicts of interest (specific for each document as determined by the Clinical Practice Guidelines Conflicts of Interest [COI] Subcommittee)
- Applicants for author positions must adhere to COI Policy and not take on any new activities/relationships during development
- Commit to 1-2 years of development, including no change in disclosure information
- Training or experience in guideline development/methodology, epidemiology, clinical trials, or evidence-based medicine preferred, but not required; if selected, training provided by AACE is required.