I am pleased to report to you the results of the AACE Election for open AACE Officer and Board positions for 2024. I would also like to thank the members of the Nominating Committee for their objective and in-depth evaluation of the excellent candidates submitted for consideration.
Your Nominating Committee conducted the election process in accordance with Chapter 6 – Election Procedures, of the AACE Bylaws and submitted a single slate of candidates for open Officer and Board positions. On October 10, 2023, the Board of Directors, upon an affirmative 2/3 vote, approved the AACE Nominating Committee slate of candidates for open Officer and Board positions.
On October 12, 2023, the Board-approved slate was emailed to the membership and posted on the AACE website for a thirty (30) day review in accordance with the Bylaws. During this period, AACE membership could submit a petition signed by not less than one-third (1/3) of voting members requesting that the Board of Directors reconsider one or more slated candidates and the reasons for such request.
At the conclusion of the notice period, November 10, 2023, any slated candidates for which no petition requesting reconsideration had been filed were deemed to have been elected by the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee is pleased to report that there were no petitions submitted, and the following Officer positions for a one-year (1) term and five (5) open positions for the Board of Directors for a three-year (3) term (2024-2026) are final with terms beginning on January 1st, 2024.
- One-year (1) term (2024):
- President Elect – Scott D. Isaacs, MD, FACP, FACE (Atlanta, GA)
- Treasurer – Dace L. Trence, MD, MACE (Seattle, WA)
- Secretary – Leslie S. Eldeiry, MD, ECNU, FACE (Boston, MA)
- Five (5) slots for a three-year (3) term (2024 - 2026):
- William C. Biggs, MD, ECNU, FACE (Amarillo, TX)
- *Navtika R. Desai, DO, ECNU, FACE (Hillsborough, NJ)
- *Kenneth E. Izuora, MD, MBA, FACE (Las Vegas, NV)
- *Matthew J. Levine, MD, FACE (La Jolla, CA)
- David C. Lieb, MD, FACP, FACE (Norfolk, VA)
Congratulations to the newly elected Officers and Board members. Your Committee is confident that AACE will be well served by their contributions.
S. Sethu K. Reddy, MD, MBA, FRCPC, FACP, MACE