AACE’s Self-Assessment Program (ASAP) was developed by endocrinologists for the endocrine care team to prepare for board certification, recertification, or ongoing assessment. As a comprehensive self-assessment program, ASAP covers the content laid out by the Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Certification Examination Blueprint from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
List Price: $450 | Informed Member Price: $360 | Engaged Member Price: $270 | Fellow Price: $225
ASAP will help you improve your general endocrine knowledge while receiving over 80 continuing medical education and maintenance of certification credits.
ASAP 2021 features:
The case-based question format of ASAP is similar to the ABIM Endocrine Board Examination, and has gone through a rigorous multi-step peer review process with over 30 trained-item writers and content experts.
Flexibility to answer questions in two modes:
- Learn Mode: which allows test-takers to see detailed information immediately after answering a question.
- Exam Mode: which simulates an exam setting and no feedback will be given until all questions are submitted and scored.
You can switch between modes without losing progress and CME/MOC credit is available regardless of the mode chosen.
ASAP provides a full competency diagnosis of your test data including:
- Benchmark data to see how your score compares to others
- A list of missed questions with rationales
- Links to missed questions for review
- Feedback on a question-by-questions basis
After completing the self-assessment questions and claiming credit, you have unlimited access to create your own customized practice tests. You can shuffle the questions, add a timer, create a practice exam using just the missed questions or a specific topic area. A diagnosis report will be created after your customized report to help you identify any knowledge gaps.
Topics covered include:
- Bone and Parathyroid
- Lipids, CV Health, Nutrition and Obesity
- Male and Female Reproduction
- Pituitary, Adrenal and Neuroendocrine
Bundle with the ASAP Live
ASAP Live is seven live webinars providing content and in-depth cases from the AACE Self-Assessment Program (ASAP) as well as the chance to interact with the authors and key faculty in endocrinology. ASAP and ASAP Live will keep you up-to-date with with a series of focused review sessions, covering targeted topic areas mapped to the key areas in endocrinology and the ABIM blueprint. ASAP Live is offered monthly by topic beginning in February 2022 - Buy it now to catch the remaining sessions and access recordings. Learn more.
ACCME CME Credit
The American College of Endocrinology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Endocrinology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 80 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 80 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. Only those who receive a passing score will be eligible for MOC credit. Please allow two weeks for MOC points to appear within your account on the ABIM website. Participation information will be shared with the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
- Elias S. Siraj, MD, Dr Med, FACP, FACE - ASAP 2021 Editor-in-Chief
- Robert A. Wermers, MD - Bone and Parathyroid Section Editor
- Armand Krikorian, MD, MBA, FACE, FACP - Diabetes Section Editor
- Archana R. Sadhu, MD, FACE - Diabetes Section Editor
- Michael Via, MD, ECNU - Lipids, CV, Health, Nutrition and Obesity Section Editor
- Geetha Gopalakrishnan, MD - Male and Female Reproductive Section Editor
- Irina Bancos, MD - Pituitary, Adrenal and Neuroendocrine Section Editor
- David A. Cohen, MD, FACE, ECNU - Thyroid Section Editor
Bone and Parathyroid Item Writers
- Dima L. Diab, MD, FACE, FACP, CCD
- Daniel L. Hurley, MD
- Bridget Sinnott, MD, FACE
- Vin Tangpricha, MD, PhD, FACE
Diabetes Item Writers:
- Tamis Bright, MD, FACE
- Erin Drever, MD
- Samar Malaeb, MD
- Joanna Miragaya, MD, PhD, FACE
- Rajasree Pai RamachandraPai, MD
- Viral N. Shah, MD
- Vijay Shivaswamy, MBBS
Lipids, CV, Health, Nutrition and Obesity Item Writers:
- Monica Agarwal, MD, MEHP, FACE
- Reshmi Srinath, MD
- Neena A. Xavier, MD, FACE
Male and Female Reproductive Item Writers:
- Ravikumar Balasubramanian, MBBS, PhD, MRCP(UK)
- Christopher R. McCartney, MD
- Jessica A. Perini, MD, MS
- S. Sethu K. Reddy, MD, MBA, FRCPC, FACP, MACE
- Vin Tangpricha, MD, PhD, FACE
Pituitary, Adrenal and Neuroendocrine Item Writers:
- Ricardo Correa, MD, EdD, FACP, FACE, FAPCR, FACMQ
- Dingfeng Li, MD, MSc
- Gregory Hong, MD, PhD
- Angela Radulescu, MD
- Anu Sharma, MBBS
Thyroid Item Writers:
- Trevor E Angell, MD
- Omar M. El Kawkgi, MB, B.Ch, BAO, LRCP & SI
- David C. Lieb, MD, FACE, FACP
- Sara Lubitz, MD
- Cheryl Rosenfeld, DO, FACE, FACP, FSVM, ECNU